PDA

View Full Version : Atrius : The Quest for the Stones -Hadin-Ja concept2

Teyon
03-10-2002, 06:40 PM
This is the second concept design for a villain from a modeling project I have going. Originally, it was to be more of a creature but after I was forced to make changes to the main character, I decided to change the Hadin-Ja clans as well. Can't wait to start modeling him.

Raul-Reznek
03-10-2002, 10:51 PM
WOW!!!I'd really like to see that become 3D.

Hey T. did u get my mail?
Anyways, great sketch man, love it.I can imagine the 3d NOW.:wip:

Sangotten
03-11-2002, 12:28 AM
busted...:annoyed: :mad: :annoyed:

Teyon
03-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Woah. That's cool. who is that?

Raul-Reznek
03-11-2002, 01:05 AM
SLOW down Sangotten!!!
Ma man Teyon, would NEVER do something like that.

Look at the dimensions of the head and all.Take a look at the man's site Sangotten!

The Magic Pen
03-11-2002, 01:06 AM
Hey sangotten...ya he might have copied the pose a bit ..but the characters look completly diffrent...face,armor,clothing ...Im not against people using sourse for poses..it helps get the job done if your in a hurry..hell tons of animators use rotoscoping to create animation why cant concept artists barrow poses?? ..

Teyon
03-11-2002, 01:27 AM
I just checked with my roomate ( a bigger comic fan than even I), and now I see what you're gettin' at.

Look, bub, I'm the last person in the world to be doing what you've just implied. I AM heavily influenced by Joe Mad's work and the works of Travis Charest and Alphonse Mucha. I DID NOT, however, intentionally copy this image (though I can see why you'd think so). I have been drawing for 12 years and I was a big fan of Joe's back on his Phalanx days with the X-men series. It's possible I recalled the shot you displayed when I drew this last night but I didn't "copy" it.

Here's soem other sketches of mine. It may help you understand that I have a similar style but I don't need (nor would ever want) to copy someone's work.

Teyon
03-11-2002, 01:32 AM
Would help if I gave the image, yes? I'm a bit of an butt sometimes.

Sangotten
03-11-2002, 01:32 AM
For the peeps who don't know who's pic. it is that I attached: Joe Madureira, The Uncanny X-men #342.

Teyon: I'm not trying to make you look bad and I can see you didn't copy it "directly" (you altered the cloths, and his left arm and expresion), the pose and some muscle details are the same...
It's okay to use reference (did it too myself) but be carefull next time because if I reconize it some one else (important person...) may too.:)
I love Joe Mad's work too, and used to copy stuff, but I got my own style now (that I hope offcourse).

And If you say you didn't copy it, allright I believe you... then it is a great concept design.;)

Teyon
03-11-2002, 02:07 AM
No harm done. Everyone should heed your words well, it's all well and fine to have refs but try to go beyond them. I've had situations where my work was "borrowed" and I hope that if it happens again, someone will do what you did, Sangotten and question the person about it.

Now...let's see how well I can make him 3D, shall we? :)

Raul-Reznek
03-11-2002, 02:11 PM
Good to see u guys got along.

There are so many images out there that it's hard to know if u're not ACCIDENTALY copying some ones style.

T. when will we see a 3d?

SoulCatcher
03-11-2002, 11:26 PM
Hello. I am with Raul I would love to see the 3d.

I liked the design of the character. I cant see from the drawing too good but the cape appears to be very intrigueing. if you have a Front/ Back/ 3/4 view i would like to see it.

Teyon
03-12-2002, 05:24 AM
Well, he'll take a little longer than I first expected because I want to try my hand at the current challenge. Shouldn't take long though...maybe a week or two. I'll post a link to the 3D post here.

Teyon
03-23-2002, 02:33 AM
Started on the 3D model, here's a link:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=35501#post35501

roundeye
03-23-2002, 03:22 AM
wow that a total rip off. dude, just admit it, youl feel better. yer all "Woah. That's cool. who is that?" BAHAHA nice catch Raul.

Teyon
03-23-2002, 04:58 AM
Sorry you feel that way. Thanks for posting. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.