PDA

View Full Version : pre painting pencil "Olga Gurlukovich" MGS

Defcombeta
05-14-2006, 04:53 AM
these are a redraw of some pencils for a piece i am intending painting in the coming days.http://homepage.eircom.net/~defcombeta13/olgaprime2.jpg

not much more to say,

thanks for taking the time to look and comment if you do

j mac

Preilly
05-14-2006, 06:31 AM
Looks good so far. I really like the detail added to her outfit (especially the waist and leg area).

A couple of small crits though - From the breasts down it looks great but it seems like the shoulders need to be just a bit broader (even for a female) , and the head just a tad bigger.
The hands need a little refining too.

Other than that it looks great.

PR

ndat
05-14-2006, 06:42 AM
Cool, good work :)!

I look foward to seeing it finished/in-progress. My only crit would be the her sword seems a bit square, I dunno if that was intended though.

Kevin-Killjoy
05-14-2006, 05:09 PM
I think the shoulders and head look fine.

The hands have got a few problems, and probably just need more work. The second bone in the right hand (proximal phalanx) shouldn't bend backwards. The index finger of the left hand is too long. The angle of the bottom of the sword handle is wrong, it's twisted about 20 degrees clock wise too much. Face and body look good, but maybe she should have a more serious expression?

Looking good so far.

- Killjoy

Defcombeta
05-15-2006, 03:43 AM
thanks for the crits very much welcome

Kevin-Killjoy

thank you, yes the thumb is out ill have to tackle that in the painting stage , the same with the other issues you mentioned.

ndat

the sword is a place holder since olgas blade is in the world of MGS is like foxs, its a nano edge blade so it glows pretty like

Preilly

noted ill see what we can do since i started a bit be for coming back on line.

this is a underpainting of the pencils so far to get things down before i head into things, i rarely do "bright" stuff so this is new for me. i love the darkness far to much me thinks ;)

http://homepage.eircom.net/~defcombeta13/olgaprime4.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
05-15-2006, 03:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.