PDA

View Full Version : Puppet Master V1.2 Rig Creator

Blackhole
05-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Hey Everyone

I have just finished my frist creatures rig mel script, and i would just like for people to test it and give me some feedback on it, good or bad all welcome

Thanks

Puppet Master V1.2 (http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/mel_scripts/character/4082.html)

http://static.highend3d.com/downloadsimages/4082/PuppetMaster.jpg

Puppet Master is a creature rig builder for a basic biped based on the placement of locators, this version is very straight forward, at the moment it has only one optional feature, which is either have the default full FK Creature Rig or have it setup as a IK & FK Creature Rig.

Thanks

overcontrast
05-17-2006, 10:55 PM
hi there Blackhole!

very nice Rigging system u got there. I like the simplicity of it. I am working on something very similer to automate the rigging process. while I was testing your system, I found little bugs here and there. First of all the pole vector kinda flips the leg when the leg control is pulled backward. You might wanna use a different technique to orient the knee. Second is, the control for the pelvis for soem reason is put in the middle of the spine. Also you might wanna add another control for the mid spine. And, it would be nice to have a control for the head (i did noticed the neck control) and jaw.

I would say u have done a very good job. I find the controls being nicely placed and the whole rig looks far better then the most i've seen so far. Good luck with the future version of this.

P.S. The joint local rotaion axis seems to be incorrecty oriented. You might wanna check it out.

- overcontrast :thumbsup:

Blackhole
05-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Hey Overcontrast

thanks for taking the time to have a good look at it, yeah there are a few problem in there, but i am slowly trying to weed them out, will add yours to the list, the main goal for this script was just to get it working cos its my first mel script, so not that it works, works with bugs, i will go through and start to clean it up,

Thanks again

Blackhole

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2006, 09:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.