PDA

View Full Version : Great white shark!

Dan Wade
05-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone. Starting a shot ive had in my head for sometime. Im a lighting TD/compositor, so thought an underwater shot might be a good chance for some nice lighting. Hopefuly be a interesting VFX shot too.

Here is the progress ive made of the modeling, just about there i think. There could be more detailing, but the for idea I had, with the distance and underwater fogging effects, i think it will work ok. Hopefuly have it textured for this weekend.

Also included is a ref i found on google, this is the type of look im after. So lots of nice volumes, and debris/particles in the water.

These are the passes i was thinking of. Top water (raytraced), Water Fog, Volumes, Particles/Debris, Shark beauty (+ specs, reflection, AO etc), Shark water caustics and shark depth pass.

Cheers,
Dan.

Dan Wade
05-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Ok, here is an update. Ive opted out of displacements and SSS, as I dont think they will make any different once motion blur and underwater fogging will take effect in the comp. Tried to keep it as clean as poss for anim.

Also included a quick shot underwater. This was all in the 3D app, so will be alot different in comp http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif

Next im working on an underwater enviroment test. Will post something up in a few days hopefuly, been pretty busy at work.

Dan.

ts-falcon
05-17-2006, 11:26 PM
cool man, one of my favorite animals. the only thing that looks a bit wierd is the length of the shaft to the tail fin. looks just a tad to long and skinny. only by half foot or so, so its no biggy. cant wait to see this guy animated!

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2006, 11:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.