PDA

View Full Version : Instanced geometry particles go black when entering new event...

happychopper
05-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi guys, got a bit of a problem (compounded by the fact I'm not a PFlow legend). Whenever I do an age test or split amount in an event and take my particles to another event, the instanced geometry I'm using loses it's materials and just renders completely black. My work around is to reassign my material in each event, is this the best way of doing it?

Hope all's fine and dandy and all UK peeps are getting a chance to enjoy the sun! :-)

Phil

PsychoSilence
05-11-2006, 07:53 PM
have you tried to put the material not into an event but straight under (or where ever in..) the render node?

i only put materials into events if i want them to change with events....

happychopper
05-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Thanks PsychoSilence for ya response - sorry for going quiet, completely forgot that I wrote this message! - the way I got around the problem was by adding an instance of the 'material' operator to the new event which assigns the same subobject material channels to the particles in the next event, however for some reason it doesn't work with a 'stop' test.

What I have are a load of different coloured bubbles striking an object, being stopped an then passed to another event which gets em moving again, problem is they lose their material channels once they strike my stopping object and go turn black in the viewport and renderer. really confusing, any other clues from anyone?

happychopper
06-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Gah! It's still happening - my material id's of each particle are changing as they pass to new events even though according to the help files/common sense they shouldn't. Have included an attached animation to illustrate.

All I have is a "Material Frequency" dishing out id's in the global PF source event where they then travel through about 6 seperate events (and change colour each time)

Any clues would be greatly appreiciated :-)

OlegB
06-07-2006, 11:37 AM
http://www.orbaz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=381

The answer (and scripts) is there - read the topic till the end.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

happychopper
06-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Big thanks - wow, that forum is amazing, I didn't realise Orbaz (and yourself I guess) are the peeps behind PFlow and all those old particle plugins (sandblaster etc.) - big big thanks

Phil

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2006, 12:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.