PDA

View Full Version : Animation : Maya or Max

SchumiAZN
05-11-2006, 05:39 PM
hi everyone!
I wanna your opinion concerning the most appropriate soft for animation: max or maya?
I've already got a good level with Max and the best thing for me would be continue with it.
But many people advise me Maya!
Of course, i could only learn Maya for animation but I afraid of spreading myself...be shared between 2 softs...it's not easy!
What do youy think about?
Thanks a lot!!

Thierry (FRANCE)

rafimmedia
05-13-2006, 11:15 AM
hi ,
in VFX industries, there is a lot of powerfull tools presently avaliable. maya or 3d max what ever it is? , first we analyse which one is best for us ?. my choise was maya . because
it has moreover futures.3d max can easly learned by beginners . or u can learn from web
but not like that maya.if u learned maya u can easly face 3d stuffs and 3d max also.bye
:thumbsup:

pcprof
05-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi
In my opinion i say maya. maya is easier to learn and is quite powerful when making animations.
however it all comes down to your choice so look at the animation features each of them provide and decide which one to use.

Cheers

infinitevenom
05-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi,

Well, I guess there is no absolute answer to this question.
It all depends. I think the best way is stick to what you master.
It's always interesting to learn a new software, but to get the job done...
every software has its weakness. sometimes, our neighbour grass seems greenier.
good luck.

tcbcoolscene
05-21-2006, 12:45 PM
No, both pieces of software have almost exactly the same controls for animation, like most software packages. It's like different brands of paints, it doesnt make a big difference if they are so close in comparison. Just don't listen to anyone who uses only one program or who used one for a week because they will always give you a bias opinion and have nothing to back it up with. Both have strong points when it comes to calculation but its all creativity, it doesn't matter what is technically better, it's really what you like to use, so try both if you can.

wormtongue
05-23-2006, 07:50 AM
any software if you ask me. i just happen to learn and use maya for quite some time now that is why i feel more confident i can deliver the task much ahead than using any 3d software. learn your 3d app in and out then if you have some spare time, try it. in that way,
you know which one can deliver the task much efficiently and much earlier. :D

3dKris
05-23-2006, 04:31 PM
I have learned and animated in Lightwave, XSI and Maya. I can tell you that for animation the differences are slight. In any case (unless you are talking about the rigging aspect of it) you are going to be dealing with keyframes, curves and timing. That said, more softwares look good on a resume and if you are targeting a specific company, then knowing their sofware puts you ahead of an equally talented individual. But as far animation goes, I doubt if anyone cares what software you use (some do not even care if you have used sofware and will evaluate 2d). I guess my suggestion is to focus on animation using the software you are most familiar with, in the end you will have spent more time refining your skills as an animatior. Anyway thats my opinion...

amfantasy
05-25-2006, 01:29 AM
whatever tool you or your team wants to use. I would personal say Maya myself, but I don't do to much animation.......

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 01:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.