PDA

View Full Version : Shape manager message error

perpen
05-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi,
I have a problem using shapes. I link with orientation a cluster of a mesh (envelope) to a bone, to tune the bicep muscle deformation. Then I create another shapes for eyelids, with no links, and when I try to click on Animate tab in the shape manager, i get this error message:There's some shape mixer animation which was created using a mode which is unsupported by the shape manager. If you want to animate using the manager please remove those clips.

It seems that if you link something in the shapemanager you cannot then create new shapes unlinked.

Thanks for your time

perpen
05-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Well finally I found a workaround.

If you want to combine "regular shapes" with "link with orientation... shapes" in the same mesh/shape manager without the Shape Manager going crazy, this is what worked for me:

-Envelope.
-Create the regular shapes. (phoneme shapes for example, these won't be linked)
-Create shape for using linked (to a bone for example), but create it as regular shape, we will link it in the next step.
-Go to Animate tab of shape manager, and right click >"link with orientation" , then select the driver (a bone we said).
-Set relative values. (Example: put bone relaxed, put shape value = 0, click set relative value...put bone flexed, put shape value = 1, set relative value).

Now everything works and the Shape Manager doesn't shows that horrible message anymore!

CGTalk Moderation
05-15-2006, 02:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.