PDA

View Full Version : Wildcat VP 870 @ $410

BigSerge
01-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Just wanted to inform anyone that is interested at purchasing a wildcat VP870 that the folks at the3dshop (www.the3dshop.com) currently have the cheapest price for it at $410, the Wildcat VP 970 at $746 and also for the Nvidia lovers out their shopping you may want to take a look, they have for example a special on the quadro 4 750XGL for $415. Have fun shopping if you could not afford one of these bad boys before and now their looking with in your price range cause as for me I await my Wildcat VP870 WHOO!! Hoo!!

Love, Peace and Chiken Grease (as said by Pestario)

GregHess
01-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Serge,

If you haven't already purchased the VP, or it hasn't shipped yet, you may want to reconsider. There has been quite a few individuals on this forum, and others, who have had some trouble with those cards.

If you want to make sure, just tell us what app your going to be using with the card, and the type of work you'll be doing.

Quick Note: the3dshop.com has NO reviews and NO rating on reselleratings.com. Its either a brand new store, or not pushing much traffic. Either way, be warned. And if you do buy, be sure to head over to resellerratings and discuss how you were treated.

dmeyer
01-06-2003, 07:20 PM
I bought a Gloria III from the 3dshop at SIGGRAPH 2001. They had a booth there and i bought one. Since i bought in person and not over the web its a bit different, but i didnt have any problems.

BigSerge
01-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Ouch ouch ouch!!... Thanks for the heads up Greg but, unfortunately I already purchased the VP870. I saw the other pots you mentioned about with folks having some issues with it. Well, I guess all I can do for now is to keep my head up and my fingers crossed. I will be running the card on Supermicro P4DC6+ board with dual intel Xeon 2.4Ghz and, according to the other post the card had some AMD compatibility issues that is suppose to have been fixed. I will be mostly running Max R5 and deep Paint 3D for modeling and animation and I have Maya PLE, Houdini apprentice, softimage XSI experience for the sake of free learning. The3dshop currently has the quadro 4 750XGL for $5 more then the VP870 do you suggest I try to switch the order to the 750XGL?

Thanks
Serge

PS- Greg P.S. take a look at this review by toms hardware @
(http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20020807/wildcat_vp-01.html) which help me decide on the VP and let me know what you think

www.bigserge.150m.com

GregHess
01-06-2003, 09:28 PM
I'd switch the order to the quadro 750XL. I've seen too many people with issues with VP's.

Don't read anything at tomshardware. Everything that pos site produces can only be taken with a grain of salt.

I'd trust my sister's opinion of hardware before I ever trusted toms.

elvis
01-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by GregHess
I'd trust my sister's opinion of hardware before I ever trusted toms.

teehee... it's funny because it's true! :)

BigSerge
01-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Wow thanks for the quick response Greg, I just called them up and switched the order to the quadro4 750XGL. All I can say is many thanks Greg

Cheers
Serge

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.