PDA

View Full Version : Fowergirl WIP (Nudity)

Mistiannyi
05-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Well, so it's time for me to pop by again ;)

So, this image is going to be a gift art with a deadline this saturday (which won't stop me from working on it more if it doesn't turn out the way I want ;) ) so I thought I'd post it up for critique here to get some extra feedback on it. I've stared myself blind on the darn thing :hmm:

Firstly, here's a slight closeup on the face, along with the original sketch.

http://eevia.net/tmp/attitudeWIP.jpg

After getting that far with the face and trying to come up with a nice framing background/foreground I decided it would look better with more of a body so I tried to wing something out in photoshop and ended up with the piece below.

http://eevia.net/tmp/attitudecolorwip.jpg

No reference or pencil sketch used for the rest of the body so any and all critiques on the anatomy is greatly appreciated. Same goes for the slap-on shading I did, I'm not completely sure it looks ok.
My next step will be moving the piece back over to painter to refine the shading and add highlights for the parts that aren't shaded/highlighted yet.
I'm also pondering redrawing the hand to make it hold a flower (she's supposedly a flowergirl anyway).

Ack, forgot to add that I'll be deepening the shading once most of the piece is done :blush:

Again, all comments and critics are greatly appreciated!

thehip
05-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Good start to the image. Some shading should bring it together nicely, deepening deep shadows should help define areas and emphasise the muscle/body tones. Flowers could add a nice focal point:thumbsup: ,

jmBoekestein
05-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey nice design, she looks very cheeky lol. I like this stuff, making a flowergirl too, allthough somewhat different.

In the face I'd narrow the nosebridge a bit, would involve placing the deep shadow there furher to the left. I'd als try and symmetrise her eyes a bit more, the shpae seems allthough it's very expressive. Maybe some reference? Oh and the shadows on her right breast seems a bit widely spread out, might be good to refine those things according to base shape.

edit: on second thougt, the breasts seem a bit plastic, maybe they themselves should be wider and a bit more flat? Very nice start though if I hadn't mentioned it yet. :thumbsup:

cuddlesmcsavage
05-10-2006, 05:05 PM
the main thing that grabs me is the nose, which has already been commented on, but also the ear looks out of proportion. i think the body proportions look fine, as we have to remember that everyone is proportioned differently, i think you need to work on the shadows to refine the shapes a bit more. like the detail on the hair, so it should look good when you've worked into the rest of the painting.

Mistiannyi
07-18-2006, 04:44 AM
Took some digging to find this thread again, but here goes.
I sold my computer shortly after posting this thread, and as I couldn't afford the new one until about a month and a half later the whole thing got rather delayed.
Alas, I'm back and now working on this thing again (thought it better to bring up the old thread rather than post a new one).

So, this is the update I got so far;
http://eevia.net/tmp/attitudecolor.jpg

A lot of things has happened since the last WIP image, and I thought I was finished a couple of days ago. Even so, I feel this piece lacks something, but I can't put my finger on what so I'm posting it up for general critique again :)

One thing I have been pondering is repositioning her right arm to hold up another flower and/or possibly try to make some kind of tattoo snake down her body. Not sure on any of those ideas yet as I haven't checked if it might look good or anything yet.
So, I need all the feedback I can get, thoughts, ideas, comments and critiques. Hit me! :D

eilidh
07-18-2006, 05:46 AM
Mind the hand; it's way too small. And I don't think it's too good an idea to blur it, especially since she's holding something. Use some reference if needed to get its forms right; mirror reference can be very helpful too. Speaking of which, her whole left arm needs a little shaping.

Other anatomy issues, quick correction tips -- her right shoulder is too square, needs a little rounding (by subtracting). Her face is misaligned... it wasn't in the original sketch, but I think you lost the position of the nose along the way.
To try to get the breasts to look more correct, shape a triangle from her collarbone to her nipples and try to see it matches the overall perspective.

Mistiannyi
07-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Been poking around with it some more, basically just trying a lot of things with it...
This is what it looks like now... Nevermind the extremely poor shading/highlight, I haven't gone in to actually seriously change anything yet. And me and photoshop ain't exactly on good terms :argh:

http://eevia.net/tmp/attitudecolor2.jpg

The "background" (which, if I chose to keep it, will incorporate some morning mist around her ankles) was slapped on to see if it could look ok with a more graphic background rather than the textured colors I went for before... I don't know what to think yet, but it would be hella challenging to actually do a decent background for a change seeing as I usually skimp them :blush:
Soo... Hit me, is it good? Bad? Absolutely awful? Should I crop it differently? Keep the legs or leave 'em? I've stared myself blind on this darn piece all over again :rolleyes:

Mistiannyi
07-21-2006, 09:26 AM
And I just noticed myself I need to repoke the nose again, I messed up somewhere in the process again... Alas, that'll be fixed (I hope?) in the next session.

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2006, 09:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.