PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reels and Framerate...

sburgoon
05-10-2006, 09:56 AM
I was about to put a new demo reel together (been a few months, what used to be okay is now gone, and what used to be good is now sitting at the end, so definate improvement) when I realized that due to starting Animation Mentor, I've switched over from 30fps to 24. What I"m trying to figure out is, has anyone come up with a good way to deal with a transitional reel that must contain animation with both framerates. At the moment I'm simply using premiere to output the whole thing to 30, as the algorithm to upconvert 24 to 30 seems much less jaring than the blending used ot take 30 down to 24, but its still far from perfect, especially since now the best piece on my reel is slightly diminished by not playing in its native framerate. Eventually I'll have done everything in 24, but what is the typical solution to this problem? Rerendering isn't an attractive option as it will take forever, and the results still won't be that great (since it will mess up any portions I animated on 1's). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Sean

CGTalk Moderation
05-10-2006, 09:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.