PDA

View Full Version : import images

Chappo
01-06-2003, 02:56 PM
I'm a bit of a noob in After Effects and i'm sure the following question is easily answered :)

First of all, let's say i have 200 seperate jpg files (a rendering of some sort of animation).

Now what i want is to import those 200 jpgs, put them all after one-another and then render out a movie out of it...

I make a new composition stating the size - duration etc. and then i import all 200 jpgs to the project.

How can i lay them all out on the timeline 1jpg=1frame ???

Thank you in advance

wookiee
01-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Not sure if it works with jpgs but when importing a targa sequence if you click on one of the images you will then have an option to bring in a sequence (should be at the bottom of the page on the left) tick the box and the images will import as a sequence. Drop that into your timeline and Bob's your uncle. Hope this helps.

arvid
01-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Providing they're numbered like file001 file002 etc you can just select any file in the sequence and check the sequence checkbox, and it will create a clip in your bin, now just drag the clip to the new comp button in the bin (project window) to create a comp with the correct resolution and duration, now it's just a matter of 'make movie' :)

on a sidenote, I recommend you rendering to something uncompressed or lossless, JPG is destructive. Use TGA with rla compression (its liks zipping it, it wont lose any quality) or any other similar format.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.