PDA

View Full Version : Wolf walk cycle

cmccad
05-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Here's a walk cycle for my demo reel: wolf animation (http://www.redrival.com/%7Ecmccad/assets/animations/wolf_walk_05.avi)
I know it's not perfect, (specifically there's something wrong with the back feet, and I'm not really thrilled with the motion of the tail) but rather than stare at it for (more) hours and hours and hours without figuring out what is wrong, I thought I'd post it up for a little C&C.

Casey

P.S. The wolf was modeled and rigged by Matt Hein, a fellow student. The rig is quite nice, and we've already figured out that there are skinning problems at the neck/chest boundary and the rear leg/hip boundary. If any of y'all see any other skinning issues, please let us know!

Wilson-3d
05-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Hi. I think the wolf is heading down the right track. One thing is - I think it seems slow. If a wolf was moving that slow would he be doing more of a sneak? I would speed it up for a "normal" walk pace. If the rig allows I would pull front shoulders up more when he steps down on them. Often you would even be able to see the left shoulder coming up over the back. At the highest point when the front leg is directly under his weight. Also I would put some overlap in his head. Not just moving side to side in X. So each time he is moving up and down you have the head rotating a little up and down and can see it at the end of his nose that it is moving along in the whip motion. Just a few comments. HTH.

cmccad
05-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Thank you for the feedback Wilson! I was trying for a sneak, I guess it didn't come across too well except for the pace. :sad: I'll try to push the sneak a bit more. You are right about the shoulders, the rig doesn't allow for this. Matt (the rigger) is aware of the issue. I'll add some more overlap in the head, there is some but it's too subtle I guess.

Thanks for the comments! Back to work... :wip:

CGTalk Moderation
05-10-2006, 06:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.