PDA

View Full Version : MTOR: Shadow Aov

darktding
05-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I have hit a problem and I dont know why I am not getting a shadow aov...
Looking at the sl code for the spot slim template there is a variable called __inShadowC. So when in the secondary display when I say color __inShadowC I get a blank aov. Any ideas?
I even tried plugging a color aov to the shadow color but it doesnt even seem to work.
There is a ratCollector, but I want to do it one shot using aovs rather than doing firing multiple renders.
Thanks in advance

2stepdmb
05-09-2006, 10:15 PM
If you're using MTOR 6.5, there should already be a color _shadow display channel in the Channel list in the globals; that's probably the one you'll want to use.

Also, remember that lights cannot modify AOVs. They can only be exported by surface shaders. Any of the slim shadingmodel_aov type templates (Matte, Delux etc.) should automatically be writing shadow values to the _shadow AOV.

du-j
07-26-2006, 03:15 PM
HI!

I'm using MTOR 6.5,and I found when I set the _shadow as an secondary output, it gives me a
wrong result,like a whole black or some white bricks on the black BG.I don't know how to solve the problem.Could somebody solve it?THX!

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2006, 03:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.