PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials, what would you like to see?

Michael Chen
01-06-2003, 05:37 AM
Hi guys I'm gonna design couple more tutorials in my site (for flash MX). Including source file.

So what kind of tutorials would you guys like to see (I hope not too complex : ) )?

zmayaer
01-06-2003, 05:50 AM
i want to learn how to compress the graphic(jpg) and make it clear and small..

like it....
http://www.whoswe.com/flashsite.html

Chappo
01-06-2003, 12:24 PM
You mean importing .avi , .mov , .png , .jpg without loss and with keeping filesize in mind :)

i would like to see a tutorial like that too.

"An optimal process to import movies into flash"

fig
01-06-2003, 01:57 PM
well,the short answer there is that if you import a compressed image (i.e. JPG) you're going to lose quality because its already compressed, then you're compressing it again when you export your flash movie. best bet is to use PNG (which you can also use an alpha channel with) then adjust your JPG compression settings under "publish settings" till you're happy with your size to quality ratio.

chris

proton
01-06-2003, 02:31 PM
I think a getting started tutorial that is different then the manual would be great....or how about a getting started for 3D artists that want to use Flash?

Nacher
01-06-2003, 04:37 PM
Itīd be nice to know the animations features that flash has. Like, how do you make ease in and outs and about the morphs and stuff. How to make a symbol move throught the screen without flicking and that kind of stuff.

Ian Jones
01-06-2003, 10:54 PM
I haven't checked the Flash MX built in tutorials... but I would like to see a tutorial that bridges the gap you get stuck in after finishing the default tutorials. Something that explains the nature of the Flash environment, the simple fact that you don't have to be constrained by the main timeline for events, so a description of movie clips (and their own timelines) and what they can do is important. The problem I had while learning Flash was that the default tutorials just drop you in a hole and you realize they didn't really teach you how to make anything apart from simple animations. I would like to see the next step where a description of building a 'system' or 'website' is clear and the concepts are shown so that ppl can get some direction.

zmayaer
01-08-2003, 05:48 AM
I think a getting started tutorial that is different then the manual would be great....or how about a getting started for 3D artists that want to use Flash?

yes....

blakboks
01-08-2003, 08:29 PM
There've been a couple things I've seen that I've always kind of wondered about, but seems simple enough, i guess, 'cause I see them everywhere:

First, I've seen a lot of websites, etc. that have a lot of things happening at once (fades, rotations, shape tweens, etc.) and very fluidly, but there never really seems to be a framerate loss. They actually appear to be running more smoothly than I think my computer can handle. (maybe that was more of a Q and A material, than a tutorial)

Secondly, I'm curious what people do for character animation? Different techniques, etc.? Do some people use shape tweening? divide the character up into 'segments' then just move and rotate the segments? or do they do it the old-fashioned 'analog' way, and actually 'draw' each frame itself?

Later,
Chris

ladydee100
01-08-2003, 10:31 PM
I'd like to see more tutorials on how to animate in Flash using only code. Not for characters of course but for things like snow. I saw one recently where all the animation for the snow flakes was scripted. It was great! I'd love to to see more like that. :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.