PDA

View Full Version : Brain Synapses Best Way

kyp
05-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I am trying to make a Brain that has synapses firing off of it. The brain is modeled but I am not sure if I should use pflow to make this happen. Also all the tutorials I have found have to do with smoke and fire/explosions. I am looking for more electricity effect.It also needs to emit some sort of light i would think. Kind of like the opening to fight club.

joconnell
05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Perhaps make a copy of the brain object, use a push modifier on it so it gets expanded slightly and then use something like blurs electric map in the opacity slot of a blue material applied to the pushed brain object - you should get electrical effects layered over the brain geometry.

PsychoSilence
05-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Is blurs electric map still online? wasn´t able to find it ob the web? Is it is not so, is someone willing to send it via email to me? mail@3delicious.de

regards and thanks in advance

anselm

SoLiTuDe
05-27-2006, 07:21 PM
blur's electric plugin is still available on maxplugins.de, but I don't know if it's compatible with max8, I haven't tried yet.

PsychoSilence
05-28-2006, 10:45 AM
just tested it...

the plugin doesn´t work with max 8 unfortunetly :(

SoLiTuDe
05-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Bastids. If you create a noise map and mess with the output color map curve it can create a very similar map. Create 3 extra points... so you'll have 5 total, and move point #2 to .45, at 0. Point 3 to .5 and 1.0, point 4 to .55 and 0, and point 5 down to 0. It should look like a big point in the middle... and the map should look pretty similar. :) Don't forget about video post though guys there's an electric option in the vpglow I think

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2006, 01:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.