View Full Version : Short Film - Harvest season (unrendered)
05-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey..Ive practialy finnished my film, just need to sort the ending and render it...hope you like it so far feedback NEEDED..
the final will be posted in the Finnished animation forum at the end of this week, and will be showed in our universitys london exabition next month...post the details with the finnished version
05-08-2006, 06:00 PM
you wouldnt have a quick time version available, would you? I cant install divx codecs at work
05-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I will as soon as I can..right now Im reworking some scenes
05-08-2006, 08:30 PM
13 people looked and only one coment...eek
05-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I took a look at your piece and from the 1st impression I think it's a pretty decent piece although the models do look quite rough and unpolished. Maybe when it's smoothed and fully rendered it'll look much better.
- The animation on the apple is quite nice overall with some decent squash and stretch on him, although the part where he's on the ground right after falling from the tree the left knee seems bent the wrong way.
- When he's running after the truck, his body is too straight and vertical. Maybe leaning him forward more might make his run more natural.
- The part where he stops on the hill and recovers from his run is a little too slow. I'm also not reading the action that well there (he looks like he's scratching his butt?).
- The pig's front legs where he's chasing the apple are also bending the wrong way. Maybe you're going for a cartoonish/stylised pig but it still sticks out for me.
- The whole shot where the apple's fall over the fence is nicely done. Maybe the animation where he's geting up can be improved slightly. Otherwise it looks good.
- The ending feels a little anti-climactic to me. Maybe a final shot of the apple smiling triumphantly while lying in the middle of all the other apples would give it a more satisfying resolution. At the moment it just feels incomplete.
Hope that helps a little. Of course take my comments with a pinch of salt. It's just me spouting my uneducated nonsense.
05-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks for your coments mahir, Im working on the ending, there are a few problems I need to iron out..thanks for pointing these out Ill get to work fixing them
05-11-2006, 01:43 AM
Nice stuff. I thought that the apple character in general is animated very well. I like it. Its a funny story.
The main thing I noticed is that his wrists seem to pinch a bit at times when the twist is extreme. This is particularly noticeable in the beginning sequence when he yawns. Also some minor deformations on his shoulder, there seem to be some extreme creasing. Have you tried rendering off a smoothed version of your geometry? The apple's fingers appear to penetrate his body at times?
The apple's rigging and modeling look good though. Great hand gestures and poses. I liked your timing and such too.
Looking forward to the finished piece.
05-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Hey Chris...don't have to give you a more detailed commentary, but just wanted to write to tell you how much I enjoyed the animation of the character...really well done!
05-12-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.