PDA

View Full Version : sony E400 problem

seantree
01-06-2003, 02:58 AM
K, i've had a sony E400 trinitron for about 2 years now. I just noticed these grey lines running horizontally across my screen(not the wires) and when loading a game my screen flickers. anyone know what this could be from? i noticed that my brightness control does not dim my monitor but it will make it brighter. Does anyone have an E400, if so what are your brightness/contrast settings? Or can anyone give me any input as to why my monitor would be doing this?thanks

GregHess
01-06-2003, 03:05 AM
Its the two thin wires which hold the grill tightly together.

You can read more about it by looking up trinitron technology on www.google.com

elvis
01-06-2003, 03:18 AM
the flickering you see is windows changing to the default 60Hz during a game. this is a problem a lot of people are very vocal about, but it has yet to seem important to microsoft. driver manufacturers can only do so much, and indeed some try to fix it with registry hacks in their drivers. there are a few other utilities that will help you out. there's a few listed here:

http://www.bizwarcho.com/article.wingamecomp.html

seantree
01-06-2003, 04:59 AM
no, i know about the wires. the lines run all the way down my screen. i'll look into the 60hz thing though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.