PDA

View Full Version : Reflection pass

Ramimator
05-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Hello XSIERS, i already rendered many scenes but without reflection...did anybody know how can i render a reflection pass with the alpha of he characters or objects inside the scene...so like this i 'll only render the reflection pass instead of render all the scenes again on seperate layers...Thanx for help..CHEEERRRRSSSSSSSS....

visualboo
05-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Try the built-in "reflection pass" from the render panel.

Or the F1 key if you want to know how to do it from scratch. Or if you just want to ya know... learn about xsi.

Cheers

Ramimator
05-07-2006, 11:44 PM
but like this i'll have to render all the scene again this channel or pass extract the reflection only on seperate image...am i right??..anyway thx for ur reply..:)..cheers

visualboo
05-08-2006, 12:44 AM
No matter how you look at it you'll have to render a reflection pass at bare minimum. But the good news is that it should render a lot faster than your beauty pass.

Ramimator
05-08-2006, 01:44 AM
Visualboo...Thx again for those hints...in fact i just found a way to do this reflection which i'm gonna mention...as i already render all the scene..and i only need to put reflection...so i did a WHITE MATTE pass for the character and objects that will appear over the reflection...and a reflection pass for the parts that will gonna receive reflection...and here come the composite game(with FX Tree)...i used an OVER (operator) and i linked the render scene as a background and the reflection as a foreground and linked the WHITE MATTE to the obbey matte alpha after use an INVERT (operator) and turn invert RGB off from the invert prop...so i can extract the character and objects (white matt) from the reflection pass..et VOILA..(sorry for my bad explain.)...:)...CHEERSSS

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2006, 01:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.