PDA

View Full Version : How to rotate around objects axis? 3ds max

Jay-Mo
05-07-2006, 04:22 PM
I know this sound simple but I just can't figure it out. I rotated an obj and now i want it to rotate around it's own axis, not the world axis. Is there a rigging solution to this simple problem?

dase
05-07-2006, 10:05 PM
On Main Toolbar just change Refrence Coordinate System from View to Local

Jay-Mo
05-08-2006, 01:21 AM
I guess I've just spent too many long hours behind this screen. I knew it was that simple, just kept having brain farts trying to remember it. I knew didn't have to rigg this damn thing, Thanks bud.

virtualmesh
05-09-2006, 07:48 PM
in the end, all rotations are done in parent space so if your object is not linked to any others in your scene then it should be roating in it's own space already.
if you want to have a visual reference on your rotational gizmo, then change to either parent or local view.

marktsang
05-09-2006, 07:53 PM
in the end, all rotations are done in parent space so if your object is not linked to any others in your scene then it should be roating in it's own space already.

actually if an object has no parent then world is considered the parent and it will rotate around world sys corodinates when in parent sys coords

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2006, 07:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.