PDA

View Full Version : "Then and Now" Category suggestion

RobertoOrtiz
01-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Watching some old photos from my very old hometown, I had an idea for a future contest. We could do as a future category something called:
"Then and Now"

We could show how an area, maybe even one with a landmark as it looks right now and then do a swipe to a the same view around 100 years ago.

For example in San Francisco a view of the Presidio area could be shown, and on the background show the Golden Gate as it is being built. Or in New York we could do a shot of the Battery Park area during the beginning of the 20th century.

It would be so cool, because it would not only help our VFX skills, but help us develop good research abilities.

What do you guys think?

-Roberto

wookiee
01-06-2003, 01:57 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of a video clip of a setting with cgi to make it look like it's 30-40 years in the future. I just hope it's a good challenge as it will be my first attempt.

mo_pic
01-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Great idea!:applause:

Lots of texturing in most cases.:applause:

jeferichardson
01-08-2003, 09:49 PM
I dont know what has to do with VFX. Sounds more like a 3d modeling or digital paint challenge.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.