PDA

View Full Version : How To Rig A full Body Robot[3dsmax]

nph_assassin
05-06-2006, 05:30 PM
How would I rig this robot. It has a one piece body and each of the 3 parts of the head should rotate seperately.

The problem im having is connecting the limbs to the body. I already rigged the arms with bones and they work and move just fine. How would I go about attaching each limb to a one piece body, in other words how would I make a skeleton for the one piece body.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/nph_assassin/rig.jpg

eek
05-08-2006, 05:02 AM
Are the arms a solid mesh - is this why your using bones? If not and each part of the arm is a seperate mesh, i.e upper arm /lower arm. You can just parent them lower arm > upper arm> body.

If its using the bone do the same, just parent the father of the children to the body ie. "link it"

How exactly do you want to rig this robot? IK? FK? both? With rigid seperate part meshes alot of the time you dont need any bones whatsoever - but rather clever constraints, ik and so forth.

eek

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.