PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to link a camera to a particle?

DoubleSupercool
05-06-2006, 01:42 AM
Is it possible to link a camera to a particle using a script to pass the particles co-ords to the camera or are parcticles not that accurate? Would it be better to just use a hero object and keyframe it for the camera while having your other particles in the background?

Boa
05-06-2006, 06:42 AM
Is it possible to link a camera to a particle using a script to pass the particles co-ords to the camera or are parcticles not that accurate?
I haven't tested this. But I'm quite sure that you can do. Some things come to my mind that could help:
- Create the PFlow system before you create the target camera.
- The respective particle must be born before you align and parent the target of the camera to it.

Would it be better to just use a hero object and keyframe it for the camera while having your other particles in the background? That depends on what your hero particle is supposed to do. Whether it is easier to achieve with PFlow or with animation tools.

Andrea

SoLiTuDe
05-06-2006, 06:54 AM
http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs5/pflow/pflow__RideTheFlow.htm

DoubleSupercool
05-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Dagnabbit! I have only visited bobo's site 20 times or so. It must have been in the back of my rear brain waiting to come out.

ETA. The reason I asked about keyframing a hero "particle" (ie, mesh object) was because I assumed that a particle might not behave exactly like you wanted it to. Someone posted a video following a bomb dropping on a bombing run in the finished animation forum and I was going to give it a go: follow a hero bomb down while all the other dropping bombs/explosions would be pflow.

SoLiTuDe
05-06-2006, 06:49 PM
that could totally work too -- in a lot cases there may be too much wind or something on the particles or turbulence or somethin'... but they both work :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2006, 06:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.