PDA

View Full Version : ICS not working :(

froggyplat
01-05-2003, 05:20 PM
i set up ics a few days ago on my home computers to share my cable modem connection. got everything working fine...read several guides on setup etc etc. then 2 days later it just stopped working and i haven't been able to get it back.

the only thing that changed was i did a windows update on the host computer to get the latest security updates and installed SP 3 (i'm on win2k for both comp's). ics worked after the updates but stopped working the next day? (file sharing still works over the network)

anyone have experience with this sort of thing? or know a good resource i can search?

thx:)

twilight
01-05-2003, 05:38 PM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34864

There are also some freeware proxy software available out there. Just search google for "ics proxy freeware".

froggyplat
01-05-2003, 07:00 PM
i tried "proxy" from analogx.com and got that to work, but it was pretty limited in use.
anyway, i went back and setup ics again and now it seems to be working (for the moment). used the exact same settings as before, so i don't know what the problem was.

thanks for the info:beer:

GregHess
01-06-2003, 03:48 AM
www.dslreports.com

Forum's dedicated to the support of internet sharing.

If your sharing a cable modem across multiple machines, you might want to invest in a router. Its far easier to deal with them ICS, and acts as a hardware firewall for all machines behind it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.