PDA

View Full Version : particle fire goes in the wrong direction

iC4
01-05-2003, 04:59 PM
I wanna make a small animation with a dragon I made in maya. Now I wanna add some fire coming out form the dragons mouth. I thought this would be nice in combustion because thats much faster than render the particles in maya.

so I took some fire particle, set a start keyframe, moved the emitter and set another keyframe.

the effect looks nice, but my problem is that the fire goes in the wrong direction :mad:

on the image the top left is the start point, in the animation there will be the dragons mouth

is it possible to reverse the particle "flow" ?

eudemonie
01-05-2003, 07:42 PM
if i get you right, it is a problem of "emission angle"
set this value to ~ 325
at the moment it is to the opposite direction

--
eu

iC4
01-05-2003, 08:51 PM
thx....but it doesn't work :(

the problem is that I got this shape only because of animating the point emiter. and so changing the emission angle doesnt help

1armedScissor
01-05-2003, 09:24 PM
just an idea but part of the problem might be with animating the emitter. There is a section in the user manual that discusses animating emitters and how particles use a different co-ordinate system than everything else within combustion. Once again I'm not 100% sure this is the problem you are having, but take a look and try doing some of the things that are mentioned in this section. Hope this helps.

Splice
01-06-2003, 02:50 PM
Try this....

Turn "Animate" on and go to your first keyframe in time. Now on the viewport, click on the first keyframe and move it to the new position on the screen.

Go to your second keyframe in time. Click on the second keyframe in the viewport and move it to a new position.

Your emitter should travel in the other direction now and you should be able to retain the shape, just going in the other direction...

Splice...:applause:

Milo FX
01-07-2003, 12:58 AM
Just a tricky solution...
Add a flip operator after particul operator. Make horizontal and vertical flip. But in that way you have to make revers particul animation. That s not save the world but that will be work :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.