PDA

View Full Version : xsi strange uv problem in phtoshop

Caesar_Art
05-05-2006, 05:01 PM
hello guys :)
recntally i began learn use in xsi...it fast and stable great softwere...
3 days ago i make uv map and than in phtoshop i make 2000*2000 reslozia in xsi i chooice it in clip...now i have size of 2000...good and than i keep it and back to phtoshop i open it and there no map lines the uv's lines i try again and again i do it right so what the problem here:sad:
it prevent from me stay in xsi
Thanks
btw
sory about my poor english

visualboo
05-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Open your UVs in the UV editor. Set the clip to a blank image that has the resolution you would like your map to be. I have blank maps for this that are 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc. Then with your correct clip and UVs selected, press Shift-S. Use Tiff as the file type because it will give you an alpha.

Caesar_Art
05-05-2006, 11:42 PM
thanks visualboo but it is still not work...i do exactly what you say and no uv's map lines in phtoshop...i dont know what do...
anywhere thanks again

JDex
05-05-2006, 11:56 PM
The stamp UVs are in the Alpha channel of the image... you need to stamp the image to a format that has an alpha channel.

Here's a PS7 action that I use to automate the setup of a XSI stamped texture. I have no idea if it works in the CS line of bloatware. To use load it from the Action Pallette's Context Menu.

AdamBaroody
05-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Open your UVs in the UV editor. Set the clip to a blank image that has the resolution you would like your map to be. I have blank maps for this that are 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc. Then with your correct clip and UVs selected, press Shift-S. Use Tiff as the file type because it will give you an alpha.

Thats eactly what i do. I keep blank templates that i use just for this.

JDex
05-06-2006, 12:12 AM

I do the same as well... I also have rectangle versions for those occasional scenarios. I usually stamp to .pic because (at least in past versions) XSI seemed to have better success with stamping 2048 and larger stamps with that format. You'll need the .pic import/export plugin for PS though. Couldn't find the original link, so I'll attach it. Edit: removed... follow link in next post.

dwigfor
05-06-2006, 03:02 AM
PIC import/Export for PS is available on www.highend3d.com (http://www.highend3d.com)

Caesar_Art
05-06-2006, 10:05 AM
thanks guys :)
but it is not work...strange...:D ...
maybe i have problem on firegle x1-128 but in maya it work good there so i think that it is drivers so install avid drivers for xsi and still not work...
more 3 month i probably will buy new computer and than it need work.
anywhere tanks for helps...this great community

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2006, 10:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.