PDA

View Full Version : ROBERTOS BULLHORN: Expanded RULES for the FINAL RENDER

RobertoOrtiz
05-05-2006, 12:55 PM
I wanted to clarify some issues qith the final renders:

Ok here is how we are going to do this...
The orange text is the NEW rules

BEAUTY RENDER:
Final RENDERS should be rendered at 1600 X 1200 OR 1200 x 1600 in JPG format.(post only as link) A smaller 800x 600 OR 600 x 800 image should be posted.

- This is your beauty render, it may be comprised of a collage of multiple renders of your model.

ORTHOGRAPHIC RENDERINGS:
Ortographic renderings ARE REQUIRED and should be rendered at 800 x 600 OR 600x800.

- This means you need to submit renders of the from the Front, Sides (2), Back, Top and bottom. The renders might be done as a Quickshade or Beauty Render.

NEW RULE! (VOLUNTARY!)

TURNTABLE ANIMATION.
- I recomentd to aid the voters a turntable rendering of the model. It would have to be done in QuickTime or Windows Media at a resolution of 600 x 400 OR 300 x 200. The render might be done as a Quickshade or Beauty Render.
All the renders go in the WIP, ALSO post the Beauty Render (And if you wish, the turntable anim) at the core challenge thread. The Hardcore Modeling MINI-Challenge #1: The David (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=347627)

Any questions?

-R

fx81
05-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Any questions?

-R

yes, are we allowed to do color correction on the beauty render or any sort of post work with photoshop?

for example, softening edges, artificial soft lens etc.

gaiXyn
05-10-2006, 05:10 PM
yes, are we allowed to do color correction on the beauty render or any sort of post work with photoshop?

for example, softening edges, artificial soft lens etc.

That's a good question, I would like to know myself.

RobertoOrtiz
05-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Ok you can use photoshop, but only for LAYOUT and
COLOR correction.

As long as the RENDER of the model is not tweaked
using painting tools, you can color correct the final pass.

-R

CGTalk Moderation
05-10-2006, 08:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.