PDA

View Full Version : Using Lattices with advanced skeleton rig

stigaligahara
05-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi, I've got a character that I've modelled with a rig called advanced skeleton (it's a free script for rigging that's very good). It's got all the standard controls. I needed to have some seperate animation in the dress of my character so I attached a lattice to the bottom few row of vertices of her dress. The lattice points are deforming the dress how I want, when I move her from her binding point however, the lattice stays put. I think it might have something to do with the input order (which I've played around with)- I've also played around with constraits and parenting, but funny things happen to the skirt when I move the character. Could somebody please help me? Thanks

M.E.L.
05-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Parent your lattice into your hierarchy under an "extras" type node or whatever the script generates for that sort of material. I usually put an Extras node in the hierarchy for secondary animation solutions but that's just me. With that done you'll need to re-order your inputs and place your lattice below the skinCluster, this will force the skinCluster to take precidence when calculating transforms of the character and prevent the shearing or wackiness you'd get if the lattice was above the skinCluster.

-s

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2006, 05:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.