PDA

View Full Version : Fish rig in maya

Tornado7
05-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Hi guys, I've to rig a photorealistic fish in maya, can anyone suggest me a good tutorial/video?

Thanks for any answer

sloggo
05-06-2006, 08:08 AM
ive never done a fish rig before and i dont know any tuts for it - but if i were to try and figure one out i'd probably start by playing with a sine function governing the y rotation of the spine bones, with each bone incrementally offset from the first... if that did actually work you could then have controls for the frequency and amplitude of the fish's swim

Tornado7
05-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Ok. Thanks a lot

Mairifsamir
05-07-2006, 04:41 PM
hi ,
i thihk u have to create your skeleton the first joint must be in the back of the head the last one in the tail.
- choose the seconde joint , with right click choose select hirarchy, when you rotate on the Y axe (if the joint orrientation is write), it simulate the fish swim ,
you can use a controler and with set driven key transfer the left and right rotation.:shrug:

PSekal
05-07-2006, 04:58 PM
maybe this would be helpful to you http://www.davidelasala.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26

niralrajani
05-09-2006, 05:00 AM
Hi
I have digi tutors tutorials vtm for maya hair....In which cool tech is give for fish kind of char using hair folic in spine ... it gives cools deformation...chk tht out

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.