PDA

View Full Version : ummmm.....

rendermonkey23
12-26-2001, 11:01 PM
Ummmm...what the heck........nobody uses DeepPaint? :)

Fat&ugly
12-27-2001, 12:08 PM
Ive used it. Its a good program. I dont use it often though. Dont really know why not. Well, thats all I have to say.

DEEP-PAINT IS DEAD, LONG LIVE DEEP-PAINT!

Bytehawk
12-27-2001, 04:07 PM
Deep Paint is great,

It's just that I can't think of anything to ask...

I think I know everything. :D :D

_NONE_
12-30-2001, 01:15 AM
I USE IT! SEE THIS! ITS NOT MINE BUT I LOVE IT!
http://www.righthemisphere.com/community/gallery/dpaint3d/janimation/images/jm_alien_head.jpg

Sorry for the size :)

InnerVortex
12-30-2001, 01:20 AM
i did this with deep paint.. is not.. that good but.. if i can do this.. u may guess what a great artist could do... i think they have a gallery.. check the site.. www. righthemisphere.com haves there a demo.. be quick.. i think it haves less than 30 days:p
http://cg.no.sapo.pt/olhoslight.jpg
wel.. is anothewr mesh painting programs.. is there much more?

ops.. note.. the eye texture was not in dp.. i used photoshop.. but i think thats a good way to do it in dp..

Y-Guy
12-31-2001, 06:10 PM
I say that Deep Paint is cool, it has lots of functions, but im too used to Photoshop! In my opinion, photoshop (if used correctly) can yeild you every result you dream of. Deep Paint is cool is you have a specific texture problem, but somehow I dont notice it , because it hands in the shadow of the photoshop...

What do you guys think?:confused:

InnerVortex
12-31-2001, 09:21 PM
yes thats true there is nothing like photoshop.. but.. deep paint is specific for mesh painting.. and in that way is very cool cose u can paint textures in the real surface.. but.. what i really like is that u can paint on bump specualr etc... in real time vew render(color, bump and specular.. (i diont know about more.. but i think it haves..) rendered in the view.. that max dont do it.. i think..).. with only one brush, and u can edit that brushes and create more, and with the help of photoshop u can do textures brushes also.. i think that those 2 tools can be used together with great resoults...

Y-Guy
12-31-2001, 10:04 PM
Most defininetly! I have collaborated them in my work. It works swell. But I cant work with Deep Paint as efficiently as with Photoshop. Check out my site at
http://members.home.net/yuriyr

some of my work is there (the old stuff only)

Blackarts
01-11-2002, 10:14 PM
Deep Paint's great, I shelled out the bucks for it, and am pretty happy with it. Its a lot more intuitive to paint your textures directly on the model and see the bump/spec update in real time. Lots of handy UV tools as well, and it can handle multiple surfaces and shaders with no problem. Cool stuf...

-DM

ambassador
01-11-2002, 11:46 PM
yeah its okay, I only find use for it when i am texturing SKIN, i think they came out with a new version.

ErickG
02-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Deep Paint ROCKS!

Don't believe the hype. It is the perfect tool for what it is. I don't consider it a Photoshop replacment at all, nor does Right Hem.

But it does have some great mapping features like projection painting. Man that has saved my ass on several projects.

It is not a tool for everyone but if your doing very high-end texture work, it is a must.

-Erick

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.