PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell Render for Cinema: Some good news :)

AdamT
05-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I haven't just been b*tching about these problems with the Cinema/Maxwell connection, but also sending along bug reports to Next Limit. I've been very pleasantly surprised by the response, which has been prompt and encouraging. It seems they've managed to fix the material propagation issue already, they're working on the plastic material translation (should be fixed this week), and they're going to work on multi-materials next week.

As always, we shall reserve final judgment until we have the results in our hot little hands. :)

Prowler_D
05-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks so much for your efforts to make Cinemaxwell better!!!

ooo
05-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I haven't just been b*tching about these problems with the Cinema/Maxwell connection, but also sending along bug reports to Next Limit.

You surprise me every time ;)

lllab
05-04-2006, 06:23 PM
great Adam,

good to hear, that indeed sounds promising,

cheers
stefan

Matariki
05-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Good news adam. Totally surprising is that you actually got an response. The rock moves!
I'll check the announcement board occasionally.

Speaking of NL I got today my second "Plusone" license.

sunmade
05-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Thanks AdamT

Cinemaxwell shall be improved, and we shall send in bug reports!

sounds promissing

robodesign
05-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I heard some where, that the Cinema 4D Maxwell plugin doesn't export quite well the objects either. It brings them into Maxwell in different positions. It's something related to the way you move them thru the scene, or something. The only solution there is.. "Reinitialise axes" function in C4D which *solves* the problem by *applying* the same effect that the M~R Plugin makes when it exports the scene to Maxwell. So, that's pretty bad, it would be cool for the users to not have troubles with this issue.

AdamT
05-05-2006, 01:05 PM
I heard some where, that the Cinema 4D Maxwell plugin doesn't export quite well the objects either. It brings them into Maxwell in different positions. It's something related to the way you move them thru the scene, or something. The only solution there is.. "Reinitialise axes" function in C4D which *solves* the problem by *applying* the same effect that the M~R Plugin makes when it exports the scene to Maxwell. So, that's pretty bad, it would be cool for the users to not have troubles with this issue.
This comes up if you've used the object tool instead of the model tool to change the p/s/r of your objects--which is generally a no-no. So, not a big deal IMO.

robodesign
05-05-2006, 04:26 PM
So, this was the thingy.. hehe. I haven't looked-up in that thread where I read about the issue ;).

Would it be hard for the developers of the M~R plugin *to fix* this? :P

SRCobb
05-06-2006, 01:26 AM
good job adam. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.