PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray and Shatter death!

acc9340
05-04-2006, 03:10 AM
IO'm working on a project where we are using mental ray to render sets of geometry. The geometry in question is being shattered and scattered with a vortex. It renders fine about half way through but then just dies and renders a given frame again and again.

We get the following error messages...

/ Warning: (Mayatomr.Nodes) : mentalrayIblShape1: IBL ignored. File texture not found, or constant black input color. //

// Warning: (Mayatomr.Nodes) : mentalrayIblShape1: IBL ignored. File texture not found, or constant black input color. //

// Warning: (Mayatomr.Nodes) : mentalrayIblShape1: IBL ignored. File texture not found, or constant black input color. //

// Warning: (Mayatomr.Nodes) : imagePlane1: image plane file not found or format not supported, ignored //

It's weird becuase, as I said, it does render the first hundred frames or so. Then it dies. We tried rendering in maya software and went without hitch. So the problem seems to be mental ray. Anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

Thanks,

ACC

vancliff
05-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Open the outliner and look for "ghost shapes" (Those shapes left without any materials or render nodes. they look like slanted white boxes but without anything on them. Dont confuse these with grouped shapes that look like the same.

Cheer

acc9340
05-12-2006, 04:41 AM
Thanks,

I should delete them right?

AC

acc9340
05-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, we went through and deleted all the ghost nodes.

It still won't render. ANy other thoughts would be appreciated.

ACC

butCherHeLL
11-04-2006, 04:41 PM
same error with my PC.

what todo ?

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2006, 04:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.