PDA

View Full Version : FanFilm animations

Brix
05-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Hello there :)

I'm doing VFX for a short Star Wars fanfilm, and just got a green light to show it in public for some c&c. So if it's not against any rules, this thread will cover every piece of CGI made for this particular fanfilm. It will range from space scenes to planet enviroments to interiors.

As for this very moment i've got a space scene on the desk.
I think the fighters motion is pretty good, but i'm medicore happy with the overall "depth" of the scene. Mainly speaking about the frigate on top of that planet, which seems a bit flat. Any thoughts of how improve it? Or maybe it is not that bad?

One more notice - models are taken from scifi3d.com site, and of course it will be properlly credited in the final movie.

Here's the link for an avi:
http://tantiss.net/images/x-13.avi

mp5
05-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I like it, but I can't undestand, why ships desappeare in the end?

Brix
05-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Because of the particular clip end (every ship is on separete layer). That is something to correct ASAP.

EDIT:
Redid the planet/moon and tweaked the frigate lighting a bit.

Brix
05-04-2006, 03:41 PM
I redid frigate ligthing from scratch, and tweaked palnet/moon. Only a screengrab for now - i'll render the clip in few hours, as i intend to add few things.

Anton980
05-04-2006, 04:25 PM
I actually like the engine exhaust on the previous one better. Also, the moon looks like it's out of focus

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2006, 04:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.