PDA

View Full Version : Animated/ deforming object break up in fragments

CapitanRed
05-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi guys

does somebody now a good method to make an object which is animated(with a FDD mod) breaks up in parts?

I made some fragments, and selceted them all and putted an FDD mod on them. then i animated the controle points of the FDD.

later i made a new pflow, which takes every fragment to be a particle. and with a collision i let them break up.
i got 3 problemes with that. probleme 1 is, that it is very slow, because every fragment has a own FDD on it.also, when i move the timeslider back, then max crashes.
no 2 is, that at the moment, when the deflector touches the fragements, they fly away, but in the next frame, the script update the shape again, and the hole disappears.
no 3 is, that the particles deforming is visible in the viewport, but not in the render.

I also tought about reactor, but i didn't find a way to keep the deforming animation, and a
the same time use the fragment collection.

edit:
here is the script i used,i didn't write it by myself(have no experience with scripting:shrug: )it is from allan mckays fragment tut.

CapitanRed
05-03-2006, 07:17 PM
or perhaps there is a way to link objects to particles, and control the movement of the objects with the pflow.

does somebody know how this works?

CapitanRed
05-09-2006, 10:55 AM
so...going on in the discussion with myself...

I have found the way how it can be done. It is called Thinking Particles (http://www.cebas.com/products/products.php?UD=10-7888-33-788&PID=15)

there are alot tuts in the net about it, and i saw what i am looking for. Just don't know the sites name anymore.

but it is possible to let particles foll objects, and objects follow particles. it is possible to animate your object, and let it break appart by a collision. and the particles will do exact this. the will show the mesh deforming untill the point where the collision happens. and then the particles emit from this deformed shape. great!! i have to get that tool:)

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2006, 10:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.