PDA

View Full Version : firewire and pinnacle dv 500 dvd

AroundTheFur
01-04-2003, 11:58 PM
ok so i have the pinnacle dv 500 dvd, and my case has a firewire port in the front(along with two usbs). the cable on the inside for the firewire has 6(female) pins to be plugged in somewhere. now i know the pinnacle has the breakout box and defeats the purpose of the one in the front, but say i have a firewire drive and a camera, is tehre a way to hook up the port on my case to the pinnacle card? hope this makes sense. thanks.

twilight
01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure i understood your question.
I had a DV500 and i've sold it recently because i bought a PC with a firewire port. The only diference were the real time transitions, but you can render a 10 second cross fade in less than a minute, so it's not a big deal...

My PC has 2 firewire ports, one in the front and one in the back, so i use the front one to the DV camera and the back one to all the other firewire devices.

I know the DV500 had an internal firewire connection that would allow you to connect it to a DVD-R.

Then again, i'm not sure i understood your problem...

Gyan
01-05-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by AroundTheFur
ok so i have the pinnacle dv 500 dvd, and my case has a firewire port in the front(along with two usbs). the cable on the inside for the firewire has 6(female) pins to be plugged in somewhere. now i know the pinnacle has the breakout box and defeats the purpose of the one in the front, but say i have a firewire drive and a camera, is tehre a way to hook up the port on my case to the pinnacle card? hope this makes sense. thanks.

I'm in the same situation. My case has a firewire connector on the side and 5-6 pins are attached on the inside.

My motherboard has a couple of firewire ports. But they seem to take a single complete connector. I don't know the pin assignments, so can't figure out where to plug in the individual pins. Later, when I have time, I'll look it up on the net and set it up.

AroundTheFur
01-05-2003, 07:23 PM
so no one knows if the pinnacle card has this 5-6 pin connection for an external firewire port on the actual card?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.