PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Nitro

sacslacker
05-03-2006, 08:05 AM
I'm sitting here, nerding out with Mr. Nitro just to have fun blowing stuff up. Can Mr. Nitro "blow up" Ubershapes? If so, how the heck? =)

The documentation isn't too descriptive on how to use this plugin.

AzOne
05-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Just make the ubershape a child of Mr. Nitro. Drag the timeline. Watch the polygons fly :)

NorthernLights
05-03-2006, 02:45 PM
You need to be aware of the fact that Ubershape can have preview and render polygon densities so if you set something up and like the way it looks in Animator, make sure that you set the Camera divisions to the same values as the EI divisions in the plugin.

Vizfizz
05-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Definitely consider using Mr. Nitro 2 over Mr. Nitro. v2 has more visual feedback of the shockwave which helps considerably.

sacslacker
05-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys! Mr. Nitro 2 is definitely the way to go. I figured out how to blow up ubershapes too. I also figured out what I was doing wrong but I'm kinda confused.

I thought that if you drag an object into another object in the project explorer, the object would be parented. However it didn't work until I use the "Parent" command while having the uber shape selected and then selecting the Mr. Nitro object.

I'm still learning the ropes with EI so I'm guess that my assumption that both methods of parenting work the same is incorrect.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2006, 06:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.