PDA

View Full Version : Referenced model transform reset

Dyllan
05-03-2006, 02:41 AM
I have a problem here and I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere else. The problem is I have a scene with quiet few referenced models. I move these referenced models, with offset nulls and not model nulls, to where I want them to be. After I save the scene and reopen it back up, SOME of the referenced models' transformation are reset to 0. Have anyone seen this before? If so, what's the reason causing that? Please note that I have a workaround already (by setting a key frame). I just don't understand why this is happening on only some of my referenced models but not all of them.

Dyllan

ThE_JacO
05-03-2006, 05:22 AM
if the reference is refreshed the refreshed model is re-imported at the origin.
as a rule of thumb you simply shouldn't animate the model itself, especially not if it's referenced.
if you can introduce a topmost null in the hierarchy to take care of a super srt, that's your best bet.
if you can't then you'll have to work around it with placeholders in the scene and with a small script in the on-load routine in the ref model that will match such placeholders.

Dyllan
05-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the reply, Raffaele. I agreed that I should not be keying the referenced model and that was what I had in mind before I post the question. My friend actually figured out that, for some reason, the referenced model clip parameters are not storing the SRT value. This apparently happens when using object oriented scripts to match the SRT value. I can only assume someone used a script or do pose constrain => set key => remove the constraint for matching the trasformation. Anyway, long story short, we found the solution by either move the SRT manually or use commandline script to force model clip log in the value.

Dyllan

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2006, 12:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.