PDA

View Full Version : mocap data!!!

rkrehe20
05-03-2006, 12:41 AM
i just recently had the opportunity to test drive my schools brand new Motion Capture stage with my teacher, getting to don the suit and also get the basics of how to use the vicon system. my problem is now i dont know what to do with the data i have!

here is a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWCk-IFvqRY

i dont know how to make bones out of it! or apply it to a model for that matter. anyone else ever use mocap?

Qslugs
05-08-2006, 08:16 PM
What system you use? Data looks clean btw, good work. Normally the pipeline is you capture the data, clean it up, send it to motionbuilder, apply the motion to your rig/model, then you export to the 3d app of your choice. There may be other options depending on what hardware your using. I used a Vicon 8i 8 camera system for a bit. There was a convoluted way of getting the data from IQ to Maya directly, without having to go through motionbuilder, however we chose the route I just explained which worked well for getting data into Maya.

robotbob
05-11-2006, 09:42 AM
please list your export options - i am not sure but this sort of mocap data looks to be the sort that requires actor matching in motionbuilder. and thats a little tricky. if you do not have motionbuilder look into getting an educational copy.

kungfuelmosan
05-11-2006, 11:39 PM
i just recently had the opportunity to test drive my schools brand new Motion Capture stage with my teacher, getting to don the suit and also get the basics of how to use the vicon system. my problem is now i dont know what to do with the data i have!

By school do you mean like a Highschool. Im trying to get some new animation stuff setup in our school - were a superschool in AUS with money constantly thrown at us - its just sooo hard!

How much does a motion capture setup cost - (cheapest possible)

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2006, 11:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.