PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Challenge #2: vikram vr

vikramvr
05-02-2006, 04:27 PM
hi everyone,

ive tried script 2 here. the textures arent there yet. I just wanted to concentrate on the lighting. Please post comments everyone. Jeremy, thanx for this wonderful contest. Iam a big fan of you.

lazzhar
05-02-2006, 07:11 PM
I like the nice colors.
I'd suggest to you to reduce some if the lighting coming from behind the camera a bit and it would be interesting to have a big area light to have some nice soft shadowing...then why not enable your GI.
Good luck.

vikramvr
05-03-2006, 06:46 PM
thanx for the comments buddy. but there is gi in the scene . i guess it looks bad because I saturated it quite a bit in photoshop and there is too much green in the scene . Im gonna upload a scene with the green decreased and yea ill work on the comments uve given me. thanx anyway. and btw i had a look at ur showreel. its boss stuff man

jeremybirn
05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Great start!

It has a nice, open, sunlit feeling to it.

I think the fronts of the cabinets need to be separated into different smoothing groups (more hard edges) because that shading running across the front comes from the beveled edges getting smoothed too far.

That light on the screen-right wall doesn't work for me. Maybe it's the way the tree-shadows come all the way up to the cabinets without any shadow or occlusion from the cabinets, maybe it's the huge highlight on the back of the chair, but somehow it just doesn't seem believable to me.

I second the idea that some softer shadows could add to the scene, and some occlusion or darkening in the corners as well.

-jeremy

vikramvr
05-09-2006, 04:48 PM
hi jeremy,
thanx a lot for your comments. Im working on the comments uve posted as im writing this. ill work on it and post some more renders. cheers.

satishkumar
06-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi vikram, i saw the image wht i feel in that there is problem of Antialising.Just look at the Corner of the chairs u found.overall looking good......keep it up.

vikramvr
06-03-2006, 12:21 PM
hey cheers. i seem to have lost all the files when my hard disk crashed. Im trying to retrieve them, and if i am able to, i would surely work on this. thanx anyway.

Ministry
06-07-2006, 02:46 PM
hi everyone,

ive tried script 2 here. the textures arent there yet. I just wanted to concentrate on the lighting. Please post comments everyone. Jeremy, thanx for this wonderful contest. Iam a big fan of you.

hi vikram, nice to see u around here. i know u very well. chennai right.? U ll know me soon.

By the way. the work that u ve posted was very nice.. except that it looks too artificial. The floor is too bright for the indoore. may be u should concentrate on a little global illumination factors. It must be a software render. isn't it.? I tried the same set during the free time but i didn't post. i was carried away with other work and i couldn't concentrate much on this. May be some day i lll take them again. All the best.
Keep posting updates. waiting to see ur work here buddy

vikramvr
06-08-2006, 10:36 AM
hi karthik, u think i wouldnt know u??? awesome painting man. that thing rocks. im going to post my new wip on the lighting forum. make sure u comment on that. Its a new scene but ive found a solution to the anti aliasing problems and contact shadows in that. I know those are the problems with this render. If I get the time, Ill correct this. anyways keep posting

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2006, 10:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.