PDA

View Full Version : Best way to assemble 16Bit 180 degree Fisheye to HDRI

pixelshaker
05-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Hello all,

whats the best or what would be a comfortable way to assemble three 16 bit raw fisheye shots (120 degree steps) to one HDRI.

The most tools that are doing a great job making panoramas semiautomatical or full automatical like Easypano Panoweaver canīt deal right with 16bit images. PTgui does but does require a lot of handwork too.

Any ideas ?

h2o
05-03-2006, 11:44 AM
A stupid method:
1. use photoshop CS2 to divide the RAW image into different exposure (-2,-1,0,+1,+2) tif files
2. combine the different exposure sets in Panoweaver
3. back to CS2 or use HDR shop to create a HDRimage with the five panorama images

P.S. usaually a RAW image is a 10 or 12 bit file

Tlock
05-10-2006, 12:42 AM
I agree with H2O. If you have RAW, use RAW and RAW can even be 16bit. That is upto 2 orders of magnitude difference. I believe Photoshop CS2, HDR Shop 2 and Artizen HDR Full Version all support working with RAW HDRi creation. If you are a mac user there is only one choice Photosphere.

Sully
05-17-2006, 01:30 PM
So H20 you take the pictures at one exposure using your cameras raw file format and then extract the exposure steps in CS2? thats interesting I will have to try this! Do you know if it works as well as taking various exposures with your camera? There must be quite alot of light information missing if you only take one exposure and I guess this is also reliant on how good your cameras super ccd chip is ect...But anyway your method sounds like a great work around for those of us that cant afford a spheron cam!!

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2006, 01:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.