PDA

View Full Version : final gather + subsurface scattering problems

baczy
05-02-2006, 12:42 PM
hi,

i just updated to xsi 5.1, but now wheun i use the fast sss shader in conjunction with final gather my sss objects are totally washed ot and very bright. did something change from 5.0 to 5.1 ? i noticed that the option "sample indirect lightning" in the advanced settings tab und the sss_fast shader properties is gone. i have totally different results when just opening my scene in both versions and render them out:sad:. don't know what to do, played with all settings but nothing helped.

barbapapa
01-27-2007, 03:58 PM
im having the same problem here, using v 6. anyone, knows how to setup this?
thanks

Stevejjd
01-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Its happening to me too and im using 6.5. PLZ HELP i have this project due very soon.

kindest regards.

Rhs_CG
01-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure what's happening, but here is a pic with the settings I used, and a sample render. I don't have access to XSI for the moment, and I can't think of anything in particular to try. If it doesn't work like I've got it setup, maybe there is a conflict between the fast_sss node and something else in the render tree. I'm using XSI 6 Foundation.

Screen Shot (http://bp3.blogger.com/_-LsiaGO3s5Q/R3xyLzmqrvI/AAAAAAAAABc/4e-SsHKNbqU/s1600-h/sss_test.jpg)

Benr
01-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Maybe this thread will help:

http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=33659;start=0

Stevejjd
01-11-2008, 02:44 AM
Bugger...

I'm not that smart. I wish I could spend more time being artisticly expressive and less time wrestling with computers and complicated things like this.

the XSI SSS shader poo's its self when you use FG. Now ill have to think of a work arround.

XSI is still top class.

thanks to all, big help.

barbapapa
01-11-2008, 05:21 AM
use sss split v2,on the link above. it should give you good results with FG

CGTalk Moderation
01-11-2008, 05:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.