PDA

View Full Version : automatic visibilty layers

bymak
05-02-2006, 08:33 AM
hi people of cgtalk
I have problem for a long time, its about visibilty. I want make automaticaly visible object which are out of my range of vision. can I but those object in a layer automaticaly with help of script. is there any one here to help me ? I try something , for example primery visibilty dont work.

I use display resolution 1,2 in my scene and want make visible objects which out of that rim. waiting for your mesages.

thanks alot ...

Buexe
05-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Why don`t you adjust the far clipping plane of you camera?

bymak
05-03-2006, 08:03 AM
thanks for tip. but main idea is make object invisible in render. they are still seen in the render with that way ( with far plane ). solution seems to me put the objects in layers. m I wrong ?

Buexe
05-03-2006, 08:23 AM
I my opinion this should also work for rendering, but I haven`t checked it out.
If you say so it is probably that way. :hmm:

bymak
05-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks for your interest. it does not work in render :( any other suggestions ?

Buexe
05-03-2006, 11:05 AM
I just tried it. You have to turn off "Auto render region" for the camera in the Attribute Editor. Then the Far clip plane is respected at render time

bymak
05-04-2006, 09:52 AM
thanks alot but that is not what I exactly want to do. far clip is only make far objects invisible. it is very helpful tip. But I want to make invisible the object which is not in resolution gate view. Thanks for help. I ll still hungry for new advice :D .

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2006, 09:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.