PDA

View Full Version : 3dmax tutorial,Help needed!!

rocky7x7
05-01-2006, 03:40 PM
I was going through 3dmax's sample tutorial on character rigging,which i

followed well except for the spine rigging(wiring bones to 'stretchable' attribute).
Here the problem is that when i open the 'maxscript listener' ,and after i

type 'curveLength $splineIKSpineCurve' which has been instructed in the

tutorial, and i press enter,it dosen't give any numbers but a statement that (No

""curveLength"" function for undefined).
What is the problem i cant figure it out,because i am complete novice when

it comes to scripting or rigging.Please help!!
Thanks for the help in advance.

Is it always necesary to add stretchable attribute for spine,in a character rigging?!

Illusion-shadow
05-01-2006, 03:56 PM
I think you have space on your spine name. Try to name it without the space and it should be fine.

rocky7x7
05-01-2006, 09:08 PM
No i hav not left any space in the spine name,the problem seems to be something else,can't figure out what!

Illusion-shadow
05-02-2006, 03:20 AM
well, your comand line seems to be correct, I really don't know what the problem is, because it work on my end. Why don't you just try to draw a spline and see if you can get the curvelength? And to answer your question in reguarding to the stretchable spine. It's nice to have it, but I don't think it is necessary. It really depends on what your character will do. If they don't stretch, then you don't need it. But then, having and extra control will never hurt. Somethime you'll find you just want the character to stretch a little.

PEN
05-02-2006, 12:57 PM
curveLength $splineIKSpineCurve

Do you have an object in the scene called splineIKSpineCurve? Might be a dumb question but it is exactly the same as that spelling if you do?

Also are you doing a script controller? If so add splineIKSpineCurve as a node variable and call it from that instead of directly.

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2006, 12:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.