PDA

View Full Version : Crashing parade

RenisanceX
05-01-2006, 08:06 AM
So is it just me or is xsi crashing more than any other versions specially the loveable 4.2 ...recently ive been crashing alot and im trying to figure out why if its xsi itself or .....

Every twenty minutes specially when setting up rendering and shaders

mdee
05-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Most problems I've ever had with crashes in xsi were gfx driver related. Make sure you run certified driver and certified card (especially when you run 2 monitors setup)

Othewise (if you can't or don't want to), get the latest drivers for your card.. or ask around people with the same graphics card which driver works the best for them.

hobo
05-01-2006, 04:19 PM
and sometimes the latest versions are definately the wrong ones to install. I have a matrox parhelia, the latest are not good at all. My best is from april 2004 - I think. Use the latest and XSI does crash .....

benytone
05-01-2006, 04:26 PM
So is it just me or is xsi crashing more than any other versions specially the loveable 4.2 ...recently ive been crashing alot and im trying to figure out why if its xsi itself or .....

Every twenty minutes specially when setting up rendering and shaders
XSI and Crashing??? I never heard!

RenisanceX
05-01-2006, 05:41 PM
hey benytone felt the same way posting this. Xsi not crashing one of the main reason i came from maya and lw. :sad:

AdamBaroody
05-01-2006, 07:40 PM
xsi loves to crash... always save before quick rendering :)

3dtutorial
05-01-2006, 08:30 PM
xsi loves to crash... always save before quick rendering :)

Gosh, I'm sorry to learn that you chaps have these sorts of problems with XSI but for me XSI seems to behave very well indeed. I've been running and using XSI 5.x since it was released and I can honestly tell you that I've only crashed 2 or 3 times at most (and I use it every day). Overall, I find XSI to be very stable so I guess I'm lucky or it just likes to play nice with my system.

So again, it's a bummer that you chaps are suffering with stability issues but at least in my case I don't seem to share that experience with you (thankfully). In the past when I have had issues with crashing it was mainy due to graphics drivers, memory issues, etc.

In any event I hope you can find a remedy, it's no fun to crash.

Kind Regards,

/joe

RenisanceX
05-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Hmm im wondering if its my card or system or what. The crashing mainly began since upgrade to 5.1

By the way my gcard is a 6800gt xfg
running 3.2 ghz
3gb of ram

But then again I've been having other stabilty issues with some other apps. The funny thing is maya has become the least none crashing app for me right now which is just the inverse of my galaxy.

The weird thing is i have found certain performance functions lost in xsi 5.x that i have noticed. Let me spout them a little don't know if you guys have had the same problems or noticed such.

Speaking or a comment made a little while ago

I will say xsi and crashing is foreign to me

When capturing before i was able to toggle rotate do what i want with ease now to deselect hide objects while performing a caputre etc takes a while if even allowed

When 4.2 crashed which was like one in a blue moon i was still able to work and force it to save. I have also heard other users say this

Lasty i have found that if i don't get the quick region to render what im rendering in at least say 7 minutes...xsi will crash and I can't render the scene or pass period unless i do alot of tweaking and lowering of rez on pics & objects

ShadowM8
05-02-2006, 01:10 AM
From my experience with XSI I found that it's performance and stability varies based on your hardware and drivers, especialy for video card.

hobo
05-02-2006, 08:36 AM
as a sort of p.s. to the above reply, now that I have found a good driver that does work nicely, XSI is similarly stable. No problems at all.

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2006, 08:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.