PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist

andre_alder
01-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Hi,

Like another forum...:) (look at Adobe After Effects Forum)I would like to know what other people would like to see in Combustion....

I would like to see a schematic view like Flame, more particles and a Time Warpping like After Effects...
Cheers,

Andre

1armedScissor
01-04-2003, 05:14 PM
I don't have any experience with flame but there is a schematic view in combustion 2 I'm just not sure how similar it is to the one found in flame, and as for more particles you can also download free particle emitter libraries from wondertouch.com

I'd like to see some mesh warp capablities similar to those in after effects. Sure you can do a workaround in combustion with a displace operator set to a paint layer, but it is no where near as exact.

SpacMunkE
01-05-2003, 01:55 AM
expressions

arvid
01-05-2003, 04:04 AM
Shake-style nodes.. a matteinput on every node and view/edit buttons on each node, and I want to lock the flowchart to a view so it doesnt turn into a viewport when you doubleclick something, I also want the connections easier to drag and drop on, they're soo tiny. Then I'd like cornerpin tracking, and little less destructive tracking.. its better to apply tracking as an effects node in the tree IMO :)

edit: and yea, I like the curve editor, but it could be a little less stiff! i'd like to pan around and zoom freely

eudemonie
01-05-2003, 07:47 PM
---

i would love something like "draw curves" known
from max 5. it would be a nice feature for animation tasks.

--
eu

1armedScissor
01-05-2003, 09:09 PM
opacity there is corner pin tracking in combustion currently

Milo FX
01-07-2003, 01:02 AM
FFI style interaktive desktop, schematic view with axis nodes and expressions... (Uh I forget that it is Combustion not Flame :surprised )

1armedScissor
01-07-2003, 02:37 PM
nice Milo FX, very nice

Milo FX
01-08-2003, 02:19 AM
Please dont take it personal:wavey: :) :) :)

dmeyer
01-08-2003, 06:03 AM
I'd be happy with a massive speed bump to the paint engine.

But also:

EXPRESSIONS! PLEASE!

Shake-style TRUE flowchart layout as opacity said.

Improved keyframing abilities a la Keyframe Assistant in AE.

Built in (or bundled) Twixtor functionality.

Grid warping.

beaker
01-08-2003, 08:38 AM
Scripting language, expressions, macro's(like shake), linux renderer client(they are adding this to FFI, why not combustion, or just a full linux version)

The timeline in most compositors suck. I want something more like an editor interface to the timeline in Combustion, DF and Shake(Think FCP or avid xpress/composer). The current UI for timelines are just way too linear(like afterfx).

Also I want a window like the attribute spreadsheet in maya. That way I can quickly change similar attribs on multiple nodes very quickly all at the same time.

superclone tool like in commotion.

Someone else allready mentioned it: faster paint. It is very pokey. Commotion 4 years ago on a 200mhz mac was faster than combustion's paint tools.

beaker
01-08-2003, 08:57 AM
one other I just thought of:
not sure about other 3d apps, but maya and xsi can save out motion vectors for their 2d motion blur. It would be nice if you could load in this data to adjust the motion blur inside combustion instead of using a separate utility that a/w and soft provides you. Some sort of interface for that utility inside combustion.

Also I know combustion can import ascii camera tracking data, but it would be nice if it can import maya/xsi, etc... 3d cameras like afterfx does. I know 3dsmax is part of the discreet family, but more support for other 3d apps would be nice. I doubt it would happen though because the integration between the two with the full RPF support is a big selling point.

Command line controll for the renderer. Yes Combustion has its own render manager, but many companies work with multiple apps and use a more universal render manager that can send out rendering for 2d and 3d apps all in one interface and you don't have multiple managers all stepping on each others toes(this is a problem with 3dsmax too). Adding command line renderering makes it really easy to add support to another render manager with simple perl scripts without having to go into the api(I'm not even sure if render controll is even available in the api).

dmeyer
01-08-2003, 12:52 PM
hey beaker - as for importing maya camera data into c2, check out the Maya to Combustion MEL script on highend. I believe its in the Highend2d.com site in the Combustion area.

Its pretty slick - although i agree that this functionality should be built in. Maybe 3.0? :shrug:

1armedScissor
01-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Milo FX: "Please dont take it personal"

not at all. it's all good.

xmb
01-10-2003, 12:07 PM
for version 3 i would like to see:

- real infinite 3d space (as in flame) with the ability to pan in the scene like in a real 3d program.

- maybe 3d object import?

- bicubics deformation (+extended cubics)

- simple editing timeline (as in flame)

- faster shematic/ batch view

- illustrator-files always crisp (like the option in after-effects), no matter how far you zoom in with the camera. now it only works when you resize the file in the paint-mode. but you cant animate the camera towards the illustrator-vectors, otherwise it's not crisp and it gets pixelated.

- dma technology implementation (the one they showed at last nab, codenamed toxik-strata-mezzo)

Splice
01-10-2003, 12:46 PM
XMB,

Most of your suggestions sound fantastic but then realistically they would be killing off their system products like flame and that would be a silly move.....

As for the illustrator files, you can resize them in the paint operator to whatever size you want...... Once the sizes are bigger you should beable to zoom in to them without pixelation problems.....

Splice...

xmb
01-10-2003, 06:49 PM
i know about their strategies, lol :-D
but who cares...

maybe i will write my own combustion3, haha.
it will be 2x more complex as flame and it will cost 19$ & 90cents. the first 30 users will be able to download it gratis.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.