PDA

View Full Version : Savannah Lifeform - Critiques needed before finalising

Abiogenesis
05-01-2006, 04:46 AM
This painting feels to me like its missing something. I am going to redo much of the ground, but am not really sure about which direction to take it. Tips and techniques apreciated for taking this image further.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Molotov_71/Runningfree4.jpg

yclin77
05-01-2006, 05:11 AM
wow, looks cool. maybe a stronger focus point will be good. nice concept!!!

slickgreekgeo
05-01-2006, 06:58 AM
I think you should do something about the negative space at the top left; More clouds maybe? Regardless, impressive work.

jackie66
05-02-2006, 12:42 AM
I think that your problem may be with the colors on the ground. They are very much similar to the ones of the creature, so it turns out being pretty boring to look at. I think the composition would be filled out alot more if you added more depth and shades to the grass and rocks. Maybe a purply color like on the cactus?? If the bottom left corner had darker colors, it would balance it out. Hope you understand me.
Cool character design!
Jackie.

TimonQ
05-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Maybe take out the grass in the bottom left completely? Make that area more of a dried bald spot.
The shadow of the creature doesn't seem to match that of the cactuc either. That might be throwing some of the image off.
Right now really my eye is following the beack down and then with the grass right there I just slide off the image. Something there to bring it back around help a lot I think.

CG_Fan597
05-02-2006, 10:57 PM
I have no problem with the blending colors of the monster and the grass. After all, some creatures do camouflage themselves to match their backgrounds. ;) But I have to agree with slickgreekgeo. You need to crop that left part off and make the picture tighter. You have too much empty space on the left. But otherwise, great job! :)

Lman
05-02-2006, 11:34 PM
frist off I thik its a really nice concept,
I really like these alien flora & fauna pictures.

ok my crits are, the sky is far to blue and monotone,
the blue is not really in sinc with the feel of the colors shades on the ground.

Try to add a warmer sky tones. this should really add to the picture,
ps. I really like the moon, keep that at all costs. :)

If you can add some dust under its feet to show movement but remember, LESS IS MORE!

Try make the image slightly longer putting the creature slightly off center to the right, this will give it a sense of direction in it's movement.

The foreground grass is too long cut it by half or blur it, to create a false depth of field

See where the rain is falling carry the rain mist fully to the ground.

ok I hope I helped glad to see work like this
I will look forward to the finished image.

Regards,
Liam

aldog
05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
I agree with Jackie, it seems to me that colors may be your problem. You seem to have some very brilliant looking colors on your cacti and I think if they were spread our more throughout the picture it would make it pop better, your creature may be one of the kinds that would camoflauge into it's surroundings, but at this point in time it doesn't seem that he has a need to, generally animals only camoflauge when they're feeling threatened, and this creature seems to be browsing around pretty naturally and comfortably.

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.