PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell: no support for material selections

AdamT
04-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Something else that might be of interest: the Cinema plugin still doesn't support material selections, so if you have an object with two or more materials you will have to split it up into multiple objects. Huge workflow nightmare.

Continuumx
05-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Adam, I do not think any of the Maxwell Render plugins support this, you can apply material to polygon selections through Maxwell Studio application.

AdamT
05-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Adam, I do not think any of the Maxwell Render plugins support this, you can apply material to polygon selections through Maxwell Studio application.
I don't know if it does currently, but the Max plugin supported material selections during beta.

Ernest Burden
05-01-2006, 01:38 AM

Studio is one of the CG industry's biggest tangents ever. I'm glad they did it, sort of, but we complainers all said it would be at the cost of the plugin architecture that we PAID for...and it was.

So I really don't want to hear 'oh, just do it in Studio' as an answer to anemia of the plugin. Maxwell should have been developed as a stand-alone all along, I suppose, but it wasn't sold that way.

FinalRender2 supports the material selections...or at least it will, properly, when that bug gets fixed.

Continuumx
05-02-2006, 03:23 AM
FinalRender2 supports the material selections...or at least it will, properly, when that bug gets fixed.

Ernest,

That's interesting. I am sure the plugin will support material selections. :)

Ernest Burden
05-02-2006, 04:35 AM
Ernest,

That's interesting. I am sure the plugin will support material selections. :)

The fr2 bug isn't all that bad, it just required that you have a selection on EVERY material in the list, if the first one on the left does not have a selection then the rest of them will be ignored. So its bad for older files, but knowing about it means new files should be OK.

You said you are sure Maxwell will support material selections? Not does? OK, you can't give dates, but you didn't answer whether NL has a person or people working on the C4D-specific issues. It seems we have been downgraded so that the Max plug could be upgraded. Are we going to see the love?

belushy
05-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I rather angry about maxwell
Some day 2005 the preorder was almost finished and I did invest IN MW.
But until now I was rather hard to produce any usefull result from the current state of MW.

I choose to wait until you make a V1. Now Since this happend i can see that there was not so much change to the old versions in therms of USE.
So I ask you a question why should we trust future developments and how are we gonna get the Money back, since we all run businesses and don't do this for Fun.

I would really Want to Know when you state this To be Ready for Business for C4D users.
Sorry for the harsh words but I paid €500.- for a Toy by now.

belushy

ooo
05-02-2006, 02:42 PM
I rather angry about maxwell
Some day 2005 the preorder was almost finished and I did invest IN MW.
But until now I was rather hard to produce any usefull result from the current state of MW.

I choose to wait until you make a V1. Now Since this happend i can see that there was not so much change to the old versions in therms of USE.
So I ask you a question why should we trust future developments and how are we gonna get the Money back, since we all run businesses and don't do this for Fun.

I would really Want to Know when you state this To be Ready for Business for C4D users.
Sorry for the harsh words but I paid €500.- for a Toy by now.

belushy

Money back is no option for NL. I tried everything possible, but no. So now I try to find out if it is possible to sell my license. But you know Maxwell, no reply so far....
Oh man I hate this!

ooo
05-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Yes I know it's the wrong thread for this, but since I already brought this up here, I continue.
I finally got a reply from maxwell:

It is impossible to sell or transfer your license!

So that's really another bad behaviour by NL. Isn't that ridiculous? I really hate this company!

soccerrprp
05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
This is JUST BAD BAD BAD on NextLimit's part! :eek:

Rochr
05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Yes I know it's the wrong thread for this, but since I already brought this up here, I continue.
I finally got a reply from maxwell:

It is impossible to sell or transfer your license!

So that's really another bad behaviour by NL. Isn't that ridiculous? I really hate this company!

But what stops you from selling it anyway? Whoīs going to check if you do?
You can easily forward any possible upgrade to the buyer.

As i see it, Next Limit have failed to actually deliver the product we payed for, at least so far. Lack of numerous promised(already payed for) features, (of which some we will never even get unless we pay for them a second time, according to NL themselves), as well as a bug infested, half-working beta for a final release is not what i call a complete product, and i sure as hell didnīt buy Studio.

If i eventually would want to sell my license, i will do so. I havenīt signed anything, and NL have already broken their part of the deal by not delivering what i bought from them, so i honestly donīt give a rats ass about what NL would say.

ooo
05-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Guess you're right Rudolf. But I think it would be impossible to upgrade the licence on a new name then (if someday there will be V2 or RC806)? Difficult to sell I think...

odo

BTW: love your avatar!

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2006, 05:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.