PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Bug_man(in need of help)

Cgkoko
04-30-2006, 08:46 PM
It started out as a doodle. I liked it so i'm going to refine it. But i'm having 2 problems
a) my composition
b) i made him completely in profile and that maybe is a bit boring for the viewer. I'm trying to give it a bit of a twist, but i don't know if that's enough!

i would love some help on that one...http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9333/mpampouraswip2showa4cr.jpg

aldog
04-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I'd love to see how he looks from the front/side
maybe if you were to just make him looking a bit to the left and have it be looking at the backside of the flower, so he's kind of like glaring at the camera from the other side of the flower, i'm not sure if that makes sense, but if nothing else i wanted to encourage you to do it cause that bug guy is creepy and i want to see him flourish

cypherx
05-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Perhaps his slender petiole is too elongated or thin (Or is that supposed to be his abdomen extended up?). You could also increase the size of his thorax just a bit so it extends down You also might want to curve is abdomen so it seems as if he's ready to strike. Might not want him on a flower if that's the case, but it's slightly more dynamic than it is now. And I actually like his profile, but you could always have it so we're seeing him from a slight angle, back facing us more, but only slight, not too much). I'm partial to insects, especially ones who have humanoid features, so I really think this painting has potential. I like his hand placement. Possibly put goggles on his head since he's without compound eyes? For kicks!

Oh yeah, good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2006, 03:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.