PDA

View Full Version : creating a custom menu set?

thomaspecht
04-29-2006, 02:35 PM
hi,

just wondering if it is possible for users to create their own custom menuset and append it to the menuset selection box, preferrably without spending a significant chunk of lifetime in front of a text editor. in that other 3d app sold by autodesk you can simply alter the menu structure by dragging stuff around, i am basically looking for something like this in maya - to create a less complex menu structure containing only the necessary stuff that can live in coexistence with the default menusets.

at this point, i'm not looking to build myself a floater, use even more shelves or marking menue's or the hotbox.

any help appreciated!

Robert Bateman
05-02-2006, 05:48 PM
you can create your own menu sets, but only via spending a lot of time infront of a text editor i'm afraid. You could of course spend a longer time infront of a text editor and make a mel tool to generate the menuset....

Buexe
05-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Unfortunately in Maya you have to use a texteditor or the script editor to edit/create a menu. But the time to enter this example code is reasonable imho:

menu -label "MyTimeSaveMenu" -aob 1 -tearOff true -p "MayaWindow" "MyTimeSaveMenu";
menuItem -label "MyTimeSaveMenuItem" -command "saveLifetimeCommandName";

This adds another menu at the end of the menu list. Advanced features cost more time,
but can be studied in the docs. Very interesting literature btw. ;)

thomaspecht
05-12-2006, 08:16 PM
yeah, well time in front of a text editor to me unfortunately does not count as "quality time" ;) - at least i somehow got the impression that the functionality i'm looking for might be in the maya beta, so we'll see.

CGTalk Moderation
05-12-2006, 08:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.