PDA

View Full Version : set driven blendshapes

vravro
04-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Hi,

Ok, I've setup a blendshape for my character's shoulder so that when I bring the character's arm down, the cloth under the arm folds tighter against the body. I've set up the blendshape according to the up/down rotation of the shoulder joint. But here's the problem. When I move the clavicle joint up and down, the shoulder joint would rotate up and down as well. This causes the blendshape to fold the cloth at the wrong time... Is there another way to do this, other than using the joints rotation?

Thanks

vravro
05-01-2006, 11:24 AM
You know, this thread had a better chance of being answered where it was, in the maya section. Now it's been four days and no replies and it's still lingering on the first page of this forum....

Titouthing
05-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi! Maybe you can find a way to set driven your blendshape not only on the arm bones.

You just have to create a set driven key node on your shoulder bone too. When this bones is at his rest position, the set driven node output is equal to 1.
When the shouder bone is at a position that do not allow the blend shape to zero, then the output of the set driven key, is equal to 0.

Now you just have to add a multiply divide node beetween your previous Set driven key node (the one on the arms) and your new one (on the shoulder). The result should be connected to your corrective blendshape. It should work:)

Sorry for my english... Hope it'll help you ;)

Good work!

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2006, 10:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.