PDA

View Full Version : Rendering times...

Akitool
04-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and have recently aquired a trial version of Vue 5I.
It seems like a very nice bit of software and i really like the work i have seen.

Basically i have got to grips with how to use it for basics and i have made a few really small landscapes. They basically consist of about 4 trees and a few rocks.

I thought i would animate a little scene and simply wanted a camera scroll along my small island, however the rendering is simply outrageous! Even when working with the animation at 340x160 or around that, three seconds of animation took 4 hours to render!!
I cant even begin to imagine what times i would be looking at if i add a whole load of trees, more detail with a much higher resolution.

Am i missing something... Or is it just another drawback of the trial?
Obviously i can understand that hardware plays a huge part with this and i am using a Macintosh powerbook with 1.5GB Ram, and plenty of HD space... So why so slow? My spec is higher than the reccomended on the site by E-on.

We are litterally talking days of rendering for anything worth looking at.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
S.B

mwalter1
04-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Render times can be adjusted to give the best results in the least amount of time. Take a look at the tutorial I wrote.

http://users.tns.net/~mwalter1/Vue_Render_Settings.pdf

If you have some spare computers around the house, Vue can network render on up to 5 computers.
Peggy

Akitool
04-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the help.
I will read up on it right away.

Regards

Atheist
05-02-2006, 03:10 AM
Wow! really usefull tutorial mwalter1!!!

chalkman
05-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Wonderful information, thanks so much!

Best,
David

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2006, 02:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.